I love a great factory tour, don’t you? Factory tours are a great way to spend a morning or afternoon, finding out exactly #whomademyclothes and discovering the craftsmanship that goes into making them.
Unfortunately although we come across more great factory shops every week, factory tours are proving much harder to come by. As there seems to be only a small number of factories in the UK that throw open doors open to the public, it’s becomes even more important to celebrate the ones that do.
We have located a number of great UK Well Fashioned factories who offer tours around their premises:
- Tour its Derbyshire factory and design studios, and treat yourself to a homemade cream tea in the staff cafe!
- Nottingham Road, Alfreton, Derbyshire, DE55 7LE
- Call 01773 522 662 to join a factory tour in the summer months.
- Elgin Mill Tours are available 10am- 3pm Monday- Thursday, 10am- 12 noon Friday.
- JOHNSTONS OF ELGIN CASHMERE, Heritage Centre, Newmill, Elgin, Moray, IV30 4AF
- Hawick Mill Tours are available 10:30am-1:30pm Monday to Thursday, 10am on Friday.
- JOHNSTONS OF ELGIN CASHMERE, Visitor Centre, Eastfield Mills, Mansfield Road, Hawick, TD9 8AA
- The factories are occasionally closed for maintenance. To avoid disappointment call in advance on 01343 554088 (Elgin) or 01450 360549 (Hawick)
- Tours of the workshop available on request from 10am-4pm Monday to Friday
- The Tannery Warehouse, 29 Olney Road, Lavendon, Olney, Buckinghamshire, MK46 4EU
- Call 01234 712266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Private White V.C., Menswear, and selected womenswear
- 10am & 2pm Monday-Thursday, 10am Friday
- A small fee may apply to parties of more than five
- Cottenham House, 1 Cottenham Ln, Salford M3 7LJ
- Complete a Tour Enquiry Form in order to visit.
- 10.30am & 1.30pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Groups between 10-30 people
- Dibden Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR3 4RR
- Pre book on 01603 493116 or email email@example.com
- Max group size 15-20 people
- John Chapman Limited, Gallery House, Tannery Road, Harraby Green Business Part, Carlisle CA1 2SS
- Call 01228 514514 to book a tour.
- 11am & 2pm Monday- Friday
- Groups of 8+ people
- Owen Barry Ltd, Number 3, The Tanyard, Leigh Road, Street, Somerset, BA16 0HD
- Call 01458 442858 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Tours of the factory producing garments for a large variety of brands including ASOS and M&S available for students only
- The Factory, Unit 14, Crusader Estate, 167 Hermitage Road, London, N4 1LZ
- Email email@example.com for tour enquiries
- 10am-4pm Monday-Saturday and 11am-4pm Sunday. Occasionally they are not open on weekends, so double check before you visit.
- 2 Holyoake Rd, Wollaston, Northamptonshire, NN29 7RZ
- Fill out the registration form to book a private tour or call 01933 664 207 for more information
We will keep adding to this list of Made in UK Factory Tours with every Well Fashioned factory tour we find. If you know of any great tours in the UK please email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @wellfashioneduk to share your fantastic finds.
Want to discover UK Well Fashioned factory shops? Have a look at our factory shop list to grab yourself a bargain…happy shopping!
Well Fashioned Credits: Images courtesy of Chapman Bags. The photographs were taken in their Carlisle factory.